Wednesday, May 1, 2013

ABOUT ME:- A FACE IN THE DARK

"I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being” -Oscar Wilde
People who have been involved with theatre or have been witness to it on a regular basis know exactly what the great Oscar Wilde meant.In no other artistic medium is there such an intimate interaction between the artist and the audience. 
And it is us, the audience, the faces in the dark , that inspire the actors on stage to great heights of accomplishment, and are the source of sustenance for this pristine performing art. 
I have been on the other side of the fence few times, myself but first and foremost I consider myself a face in the dark who is captivated by the magic of the stage. Through this blog, I would like to share my views on the plays I see, and on theatre in general from the perspective of that hazy figure visible to the actor while performing, who is left in wonder at the skill of the performer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment